Re: 6500 Native IOS [7:84006] posted 02/09/2004

I don't have have anything to add, but ensure that your 6500 switch has a
MSFC...you can not convert a switch-only (pure L2) 6500 to native mode if
you do not have a MSFC installed.

Assuming you have a ACS server (TACACS or RADIUS), you can assign privileges
to certain switch commands (switchport blah blah) and higher levels to the
routing commands.  There is going to be overlap.  For example, the interface
fastethernet xxx command will be needed by both groups:  your switch group
needs to access it to configre L2 functions, while your routing group will
need similar access to reach subcommands to assign IP addresses, etc.

HTH,

Charles