Re: What has more value CCNP w/Degree or CCIE? [7:80698] posted 12/14/2003

nrf wrote:

> ""nettable_walker""  wrote in
> message
> > my base salary w/ CCNP + Business degree  =  $75,000
> >
> > passed CCIE R/S lab 10/15/2003
> >
> > New base salary = $ 115,000
>

> Well, I don't know if this analysis is amenable to anecdotal
> evidence.  I'm
> sure we can all come up with a few isolated data points to
> support whatever
> viewpoint we want to support.

That's the main reason this discussion always goes on forever whenever it
comes up. Everyone wants to tell their story. But individual stories won't
provide a general answer to the question of which is better, degrees or
certifications.

Priscilla