Re: Cisco Switch Power Probs [7:80633] posted 12/11/2003

well the DOS  an occur with any IOS prior to 12.3 with a PIM attack (
protocol 50 ) or a similar one.

But you haven't answered to the fulcral question is there any other
equipment  connected to the same UPS ??
Believe that sometimes there such a potential diference ( voltage ) between
devices that they use each other has grounding actually have been to some
network  instalation that the racks were the routers were gave quite a jolt.

So check your grounding.

The inline power is a facility that some switches have to provide voltage to
power IP phones so if someone by mistake connects a inline power ethernet
port switch to a normal   switch you will get weird effects like ethernet
ports burned, espontaneous reloads etc-
""Matt Saunders""  wrote in message
> Hi Group
>
> Has anyone got any tips on how to troubleshoot cisco switch power resets??
>
> I have a couple that seem to be randomly rebooting and am trying to figure
> out whether i have a power supply problem or whether im suffering from DOS
> attacks and the switches are rebooting as a result.
>
> They are Cisco 2950 with the following IOS -
c3550-i5q3l2-mz.121-13.EA1c.bin