Re: 3550 SMI / EMI difference?? [7:80501] posted 12/09/2003

In a cisco lab environment, NO.  In an actual production environment,
YES/MAYBE.  I was told there is an additional board inside the EMI hardware
units to alleviate some of the processor load for certain functions.  Scott
Morris physically openned up an SMI and an EMI and confirmed this.

thanks,
-Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)
Network Learning Inc