RE: 5 Port Ethernet router [7:80042] posted 12/03/2003

Dom,
i can think of quite a few vendors, but even a simple google search on
"layer 3 router vendor" will give you more than enough.

a year ago, i needed a router with that many ports and the closest cisco
solution i found was to get a 3600 and load it with multiple FastEthernet
modules, for around $10k. but luckly i settled for a Cabletron Smart Switch
Router (SSR2000) that gave me 24 fastether ports for less than $2k, and it
has not failed me to this day.

Hope it helps

Eyabane

>From: "Dom"
>To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: 5 Port Ethernet router [7:80042]
>Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:06:47 GMT
>
>I am looking for two routers which have at least 5 10baseT ports to replace
>a Linux box with multiple NICs and a Cisco 7206 with multiple Ethernet
>cards.
>
>It needs to be small and capable of basic ACLs. As for routing
>functionality, all that is required is the ability to add and view static
>routes.
>
>Does anybody have any ideas? I do not want a PC based solution and as there
>are no WAN connections most routers I have looked at are unsuitable. I
>simply want simple layer 3 routing between different Ethernet LANs - no
>VLANs etc.
>
>Any thoughts gratefully received.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Dom Stocqueler
>www.sysdom.org
>**Please support GroupStudy by purchasing from the GroupStudy Store:
>http://shop.groupstudy.com
>**Please support GroupStudy by purchasing from the GroupStudy Store:
>http://shop.groupstudy.com
>**Please support GroupStudy by purchasing from the GroupStudy Store:
>http://shop.groupstudy.com

Dont worry if your Inbox will max out while you are enjoying the holidays.
Get MSN Extra Storage!  http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es