RE: Access-list question - perplexed?? [7:80158] posted 12/03/2003

You need not have a contiguous mask here you can add a 'must match bit'
in anywhere in the octet by representing that bit with a zero.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cisco Nuts [mailto:cisconuts@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 03 December 2003 01:22
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Access-list question - perplexed?? [7:80158]

Hello,Just when I think I know a little more of the Cisco IOS, do I
stumble and fall!!Here is what got me: Internet_Router#sh
access-listsExtended IP access list 159 permit icmp 172.16.10.144
0.0.0.13 any permit tcp 10.192.168.144 0.0.0.64 any established
Internet_Router# Why in the world would a router accept a .13 or a .64
mask? I always thought that the inverse-masks were, .0, .1, .3, .7, .15,
31, .63, .127 & a .255. Please advise.Thank you.Sincerely.