Re: Give me 2 cents with ciscoworks [7:80001] posted 12/02/2003

Thanks it's a great file.

DC

Thanks everybody.

Beto wrote:

  CiscoWorks2000 (CW2K) isn't a tool; it's a suite of tools, each one
designed
  address different problems.  You need to learn the purpose of each tool in
  general terms before you can decide what you want to implement and how you
  want
  to implement it.

  Download the CW2K tutorial from:
  http://www.cisco.com/application/x-zip  -

compressed/en/us/guest/products/ps2073/c1161/ccmigration_09186a00801602d9.zip

  After unzipping run start-here.exe

  This tutorial will give you a good overview of the functions of each CW2K
  application.  Bear in mind that the tutorial is based on recent but not
  current
  versions of CW2K.  I suggest that you start with Resource Manager
Essentials
  because that application provides the basic functions (inventory,
  configuration
  management, IOS image management, syslog management) needed to manage a
  Cisco
  infrastructure.  Implement Essentials first along with CiscoView.  Then you
  can
  look around at what to do next depending on your environment.  Campus
  Manager
  for example.

  Beto

  In article ,   dcuautle@xxxxxxxxxx
  says...

    Hi everybody,

    Someone have a manual to manage and implement ciscoworks?

    We have ciscoworks (LAN/WAN modules), but don't have training, I like
    optimize and manage correctly this tool. Thanks in advance.