From: John Brandis [mailto:John.Brandis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, 2 December 2003 10:58 AM
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Port Security Questions [7:80015]

Hi All,

Problem:
- Politics. I implemented Port security on my 2950's that users connect
to at my current office. Maybe to restrictive, I set the max value to 1
mac per port. I now have the problem where users are getting laptops and
are moving around the office. The cisco doc's say that when a known MAC
address is seen on another port in the same vlan, it will shutdown that
port. Thus, laptop users cant move around. Is there a way to say that
when the cable is removed, the aging process begins (for example 2
minutes, giving laptop users time to move to another location whilst
still ensuring people don't go plugging hubs all around the place). Then
that MAC address is released from that port/vlan, allowing the user to
connect elsewhere.

Thanks all

John
Sydney, Australia