Re: Implementing QOS [7:78703] posted 11/06/2003

Rohit-Sundriyal\(CCNA\) wrote:

> Yes you are right thats what we excatly wanted and if that can
> be configured
> on base of ip address than kool thing :)

Only 68 kbps, eh? Sorry we doubted you. :-)

Generally this would be done with priority queueing as others mentioned.
Something like the following would ensure that traffic destined to the
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) port 25 from a Mail Tranfer Agent (MTA)
would go out first on the serial interface:

priority-list 1 protocol ip high tcp 25
priority-list 1 default low

int s0
priority-group 1

You can base it on an IP address too if you use an access list. So something
like:

prioirty-list 1 protocol ip high list 100
priority-list 1 default low

int s0
priority-group 1

access-list 100 permit ip host address eq 25

Make liberal use of the question mark to get it just right! Good luck.

Priscilla