Re: career guidance for networking career [7:76463] posted 09/30/2003

Some years ago, before I entered the education industry (yes, in many ways
it is an
industry--now if we just had a little better quality control...), I made a
good living
specializing in Law Office Automation.  I leveraged the knowlege I gained
from working
several years for a major law firm as their Director of MIS.  I coupled that
and my
networking knowledge with an MBA and was able to start my own consulting
business.  My
success was due in large part to the fact that I could speak their language
and knew
what their business and legal requirements were.  I'd like to say I foresaw
the downturn
in the computer industry, but after about ten years, I just got tired of
dealing with
lawyers (talk about demanding, yet very slow to pay for services rendered)
every day and
moved to education a couple years before the bottom fell out.

Prof. Tom Lisa, CCAI
Community College of Southern Nevada
Cisco ATC/Regional Networking Academy
"Cunctando restituit rem"