Re: Holmes and Riley in one evening - We are blessed!!!!!! [7:76112] posted 09/25/2003

Thanks for kind words, Chuck!  I am going to date myself (thanks, Mom!) and
wax OTP for a moment about the whole Banyan thing...it started around the
time that Howard was still in his tie-dye microcomputer phase...

If memory serves, wasn't Banyan the first NOS ever to bring structure to the
whole "networks for users" concept with StreetTalk?  Prior to it appearing
on the scene,  only SNA offered some kind of structure...too d*mned much, if
you ask me, and the SNA portables were just too big to lug onto the plane...

Or did Netware come first?

Charles

"""Chuck Whose Road is Ever Shorter"""  wrote in
message news:200309240329.h8O3TfDc020310@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx