RE: Query on Access-Dial Technology & modem speed [7:75983] posted 09/23/2003

Hitesh,

	From my experience modem autodiscovery usually doesn't work
correctly.  If the modems are all the same, find the specific chat
script that the modem vendor recommends, and create a new modemcap entry
in the router with the custom script.

	There are other issues that can cause low connection speed, such
as line noise, crosstalk on your wiring, etc.  Try changing the chat
script and see what happens though.

Using the Modem Autoconfigure Type Modemcap Feature:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configur
ation_guide_chapter09186a00800ca6f6.html#54044

Creating and Using Modem Chat Scripts:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configur
ation_guide_chapter09186a00800ca6f5.html

HTH,

Brian McGahan, CCIE #8593
bmcgahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Internetwork Expert, Inc.
http://www.InternetworkExpert.com
Toll Free: 877-224-8987
Direct: 708-362-1418 (Outside the US and Canada)

Of
> Hitesh Pathak
> Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 8:28 AM
> To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Query on Access-Dial Technology & modem speed [7:75983]
>
> Dear Group,
>
> I am facing a problem with one of my router 2620XM configured as RAS.
I am