Cisco4000 [7:75967] posted 09/23/2003

Colleagues

I have two pcs of Cisco 4000 router. Both of them seems to be broken a
little bit but I plan to recover it buying memories of sth like this.

Could you help in investigating what can be wrong:

"System Bootstrap, Version 4.14(7), SOFTWARE
Copyright (c) 1986-1994 by cisco Systems
bad status on shared memory parity error, expected: 0x1f, is: 0xf
location 0x6000000, phase 0, subtest 8, test: read
  written 0x0, read 0x0 ... aborting
failed shared memory parity test ... aborting"

As I suppose it's RAM what do you think? What kind of RAM memory goes
with these routers (catalogue number please)?

TIa
EC