From: Kevin Love [mailto:kevinlove@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 18 September 2003 14:11
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Snapshot routing and Eigrp - ? [7:75696]

While you can use snapshot routing with IGRP, it does not appear that EIGRP
is supported.

"The following routed protocols support snapshot routing. Note that these
are all distance-vector protocols.

AppleTalk-Routing Table Maintenance Protocol (RTMP)
Banyan VINES-Routing Table Protocol (RTP)
IP-Routing Information Protocol (RIP), Interior Gateway Routing Protocol
(IGRP)
Internet Protocol Exchange (IPX)-RIP, Service Advertisement Protocol (SAP)"

Here's the entire link:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fdia
l_c/fnsprt5/dafnsnap.htm

Kevin

Cisco Nuts wrote:

> Hello,Does Snapshot routing work for Eigrp? I read somewhere it
> does not.
> I tried it on my routers and it did not. I had to use a
> dialer-list
> denying Eigrp and floating static routes to get DDR to work as
> a backup
> for Eigrp in a hub and spoke FR topology.Now I have seen
> examples of rip
> with snapshot routing but have not seen any with Eigrp,
> anywhere!!  Is
> there a link on CCO where this might be?Thank you.Sincerely.

                Sirocom Virus Scanning Service

                 Sirocom Virus Scanning Service

                          WWW.SIROCOM.COM