Re: Friday Thinking [7:75309] posted 09/12/2003

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123newft/123t/123t_2/gt_tcl.htm

> > >     Has Cisco gone completely insane?
> > >
> > >     It scares me just to *think* about security and
> > >  performance implications
>
> What are the performance implications?
>
> >    Wow, is UNIX next, windows;)
>
> Unix is doable. Would you like it? :)

speaking of which, the Linux fanatics have been working on Linux for Cisco
routers for a couple of years now. I believe there are some open source IOS
images available if you know where to look. ( I don't because I don't care,
but some folks here probably know )