RE: Please Help - CIDR - How the bits work [7:75050] posted 09/10/2003

I was more referring to "core" ISP routers than edge (and I've certainly
never worked for an ISP before, so I'm going on my experience and knowledge
of routing protocols to surmise [guess] at what would be reasonable or not).
If you have ISP engineers configuring the "ISP" router that is at the
customer premise, then yes I would concede that there are probably a lot of
default static routes, if not being the majority.

As far as non-default static routes with different AD's, then I would
certainly agree with you.  I've used them myself extensively in multiple
customer WAN configurations.

Fred Reimer - CCNA

Eclipsys Corporation, 200 Ashford Center North, Atlanta, GA 30338
Phone: 404-847-5177  Cell: 770-490-3071  Pager: 888-260-2050

NOTICE; This email contains confidential or proprietary information which
may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient(s).
If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected the email, please
notify the author by replying to this message. If you are not the named
recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely on this email, and should immediately delete it from your computer.