From: Dave C. [mailto:lanhopper69@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 8:23 AM
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 6509 MSFC [7:71340]

I have a MSFC on a 6509 that I am firing up for the first time.  The 6509 is
running CAT-OS (Hybrid Mode).

I have defined several VLAN interfaces on the MSFC, and now must create a
specific access-list to limit only a certain source and port address to
reach each of these VLAN's.  This access-list will not allow Telnet
connectivity.

My question is, if I create this access list and bind it to all VLANs, will
I be able to SESSION over from the switch to the MSFC?  Does the SESSION
command actually use Telnet to get to the MSFC?  Will I need to assign a
loopback address and then allow access to the loopback address specifically
in my access-list?

I just want to make sure that I do not block all access to the MSFC.

Any clarification on this would be helpful.

Thanks.