RE: Multiple Default Routes [7:70914] posted 06/20/2003

This may be different in some IOS version, but in every version I have used
static routes pointing to an interface maintain the static route
administrative distance of one.  (IP addresses removed to protect the
innocent ;)

Via interface:

ip route x.x.x.x 255.255.255.240 Serial3/0/0/7:0

ar01-nyc2.ny#sh ip route x.x.x.x
Routing entry for x.x.x.x/28
  Known via "static", distance 1, metric 0 (connected)
  Routing Descriptor Blocks:
  * directly connected, via Serial3/0/0/7:0
      Route metric is 0, traffic share count is 1

Via IP:

ip route x.x.x.x x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

ar01-nyc2.ny#sh ip route x.x.x.x
Routing entry for x.x.x.x/27
  Known via "static", distance 1, metric 0
  Routing Descriptor Blocks:
  * x.x.x.x
      Route metric is 0, traffic share count is 1