Re: OSPF LSA age - 30 minutes or 3600 seconds? [7:68081] posted 04/25/2003

Alaerte,

Cisco sets the LSRefresh time to 30 minutes, which can be verified
pretty easily by examining the OSPF database.

My guess would be Cisco meant to put something like:  "By design, OSPF
requires link-state advertisements (LSAs) to be refreshed before they
expire in 3600 sec"

- Tom

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_feature_guide09186a008008011e.html
> it says:
>
> "By design, OSPF requires link-state advertisements (LSAs) to be refreshed
> as they expire after 3600 sec"
>
> 3600 seconds equals to 60 minutes.  Does Cisco uses 60 minutes while the
RFC