RE: reverse lookup zone for classless network [7:67908] posted 04/23/2003

> Hi.. I am using W2000 DNS
>
> I know how to create reverse lookup zone for classful network. For
> example. 192.168.3.0/255.255.255.0 it is
> 3.168.192.in.addr.arpa.dns But
> how about a classless network like 192.168.3.128/
> 255.255.255.240 ?? How
> do I name the reverse lookup zone?

This page may be of help to you [0] and others!!  The part on classless is
near the bottom.  I'm currently doing this, so I know it works!!

HTH,
Russ

[0]
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/samplechapters/cncf/cnc
f_imp_zzui.asp

(Watch for wrapping!!)

---
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the exclusive
and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon
this message. If you have received this in error, please notify us
immediately by return email and promptly delete this message and its
attachments from your computer system.
---