Re: IP route to Null0? [7:66755] posted 04/03/2003

null0 is used as an alternative to access-lists. it is a blackhole. so
anything routed to it gets dropped automatically. an access-list uses more
processor overhead than a null interface and thus if you have a certain part
of your network that you don't want to go anywhere, then use a null
interface instead of access-lists.

as for why its a floating route or the tie-ins to bgp, thats beyond me and
hopefully someone comments on this. bgp makes my head hurt.