ping things [7:66155] posted 03/25/2003

I can ping from router A through various hops to router F.
Therefore the packet'knows' how to reach F - and also how to find a path
back to A by reply. However from router F I cannot ping router A.
As the ping works in the first case - ie it knows the path back from F to A
- how come it doesnt work in the 2nd ? The path is 'clean' ie no firewalls,
access lists or any filtering. Puzzled.