Re: Router ID? [7:66108] posted 03/25/2003

OSPF uses a router ID in it's advertisements to other neighbors.
The router id is simply the highest IP address of a loopback if you
have them configured and if not then the highest IP of an active
interface.  I don't think it's a reachability type question - the
neighbors certainly need to be able to talk to each other and learn
about the topology - but the addresses they use to send traffic can
be different than the IP used in the router id.

Ian

http://www.ccie4u.com
Rack Rentals and Lab Scenarios