Re: ebgp vs ebgp multihop [7:66127] posted 03/25/2003

wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> i would like to know your opinion/experience about using ebgp multihop
> comparing with ebgp. AFAIK, ebgp was designed for directly connected only
> and using ebgp multhop is not recomended for ISP envy. would you please
> tell me the caveat of using ebgp multihop for ISP envy.

While I don't know about the ISP environment, I've done several BGP labs
with other folks in different parts of the country. EBGP Multihop is a
necessary part of this, obviously.

I suppose in real world the advantage is that you can peer loopbacks, rather
than just the physical interfaces.

Another thing that comes to mind, applicable to ISP and corporate
environments, is that your iBGP routers can be located in different parts of
your network, eliminating the need for physical adjaceny.