Large number of VLANS [7:65815] posted 03/20/2003

Hi

One question

If I have the need to use many VLANS, let´s say around 400, can could I use
a 3550 switch that supports 1005 vlans as the core, and then 2950 switches
in the wiring closets, but they dont support more than 250 vlans, i.e. can I
use the 3550 with all the vlans, and the just trunk for example vlans 100-50
to switch 1, 151-200 to switch 2, and so one, and would be possible to
implement that with VTP ?