RE: RPC Endpoint Mapper [7:63916] posted 02/26/2003

In the olden days, in a Unix world, RPC required PortMappter. Maybe you
could look that up? Not sure if there's a space, i.e. Port Mapper. I don't
think there is.

It's a separate protocol for assigning port numbers. You should see evidence
of it on your Sniffer if it still exists.

What operating system are you talking about? Windows does RPC too but I
don't know it very well.

Priscilla