RPC Endpoint Mapper [7:63916] posted 02/26/2003

Anyone know of a good resource on RPC endpoint mapper?  I trying to find
where in the packet the server tells the client which [new] port to come
back on.  Using a sniffer, but I cant seem to nail down where in the payload
the "future" port is passed to the client.

a google search of "rpc endpoint mapper sniffer"  has resulted in a lot of
conversations about how RPC works, but not at the packet level :(

don't mind RTFMing...but so far I can't find a good URL

at least the FTP protocol "states" which port :)