Re: new access list problem [7:63715] posted 02/25/2003

I replied too and it wasn't posted. That is SO annoying. I'm tempted to
never post again.

Anyway, your answer is wrong because it doesn't catch 74, 75, and 76, and he
said he wanted a range.

You have to use 0.0.7.255, which has an unfortunate (but unavoidable) side
effect of catching 72, and 78 and 79.

Two other answers:

1) Put it in binary. Don't use a wildcard mask calculator.
2) Summarize your addresses and you won't have these confusing messes.

Summarization is good for performance reasons as well as security. The last
thing you want is to have to spend hours arguing over an access list. You
want to get it working with little fuss and start implementing your security
policy ASAP.

Priscilla