Switchport gigabit port priority queueing [7:63137] posted 02/17/2003

Continuing with my look at a 3550 lab, a QoS task requires configuring to
prioritize video traffic. The task itself appears to have been lifted
directly from the 3550 configuration guide for the 12.1.12 release.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c3550/12112cea/3550scg/s
wqos.htm#51764

in any case, on the egress gigabit interface. the book answer is

interface GigabitEthernet0/2
 no ip address
 priority-queue out
end

am I correct that the "priority-queue out" in and of itself does nothing?
the documentation appears to state that other queuing configuration must
take place, to wit "wrr-queue cos-map 4 6 7" or some variation thereof.

thanks.