Switchport gigabit port priority queueing [7:63137] posted 02/17/2003

Continuing with my look at a 3550 lab, a QoS task requires configuring to
prioritize video traffic. The task itself appears to have been lifted
directly from the 3550 configuration guide for the 12.1.12 release.

in any case, on the egress gigabit interface. the book answer is

interface GigabitEthernet0/2
 no ip address
 priority-queue out

am I correct that the "priority-queue out" in and of itself does nothing?
the documentation appears to state that other queuing configuration must
take place, to wit "wrr-queue cos-map 4 6 7" or some variation thereof.