Re: 7500 Router CPU rocketing to 90% [7:62530] posted 02/05/2003

That is pretty strange, could you send the full sh proc cpu next time
you see this.  You may want to try and "if-console" to the CIP and see
if anything unusual is occurring on it.

Mohsin Hussain wrote:
> We have 2 7500 routers with CIPs installed. Recently the router started to
> have its CPU shooting upto 90%. When show process cpu is run. It does not
> show what process is causing this because none of the processes are or add
> upto 80 or 90%. Only two processes: IP input at 10% and cls background at
> 14%. The rest of the processes are at 0 or 0.1%.
> Are there hidden processes that could be cause of the high cpu utilization?
> If so how can it be seen (i.e  any show commands?.
> Thanks,
> Mohsin
David Madland
CCIE# 2016
Sr. Network Engineer
Qwest Communications

"You don't make the poor richer by making the rich poorer." --Winston