Re: EIGRP issues [7:61068] posted 01/15/2003

CHAP
the user field that the challanger sends to the calling router is used to
find the shared password between the two routers, which is proccesed by the
md5 hash generator as well as the challange id and the random number, after
witch it is sent to the challanger with the original id challange as well as
the local router name(local, radius, tacacs+), the challanger uses the id
field to loockup the original chalange packet to find the random id, and
uses the remote router name to find the shared password, after witch he runs
the laters into the md5 hash generator, and compares the hash with the
received hash, if it is the same another packet is built with code 03 and
the id to welcome the caller.
PEERING
you will need to add the dialer-map x.x.x.x broadcast
but u don't have to add the remote number, as the other side will be
calling(who will call who must be defined, depending on the traffic needs,
basically)

u can refere to rfc 1334 for more chap details,as well as this document that
has simple async config stuff
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_configuration_exampl
e09186a008009455c.shtml

rgds

""Karagozian Sarkis""  a icrit dans le message
de news: 200301150325.DAA27956@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx