RE: TACACS password encryption [7:60886] posted 01/13/2003

I just ran a trace showing a telnet session from a desktop to the terminal
server which uses TACACS to provide authentication.

The telnet session where I typed in the password is plain text.. this is in
response to the terminal server prompt. The actual username/password between
the terminal server and the TACACS server is encrypted.