Re: Checking clocking speed on routers [7:60591] posted 01/08/2003

At 10:59 AM +0000 1/8/03, Marakalas wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>How does one check the clocking that is provided by
>the telecommunications company to me. I just
>established that on one of my links in the network,
>our company has been paying for a 512kb line, and
>instead the line we're getting is a 128kb.
>
>Any assistance in this regard will be highly
>appreciated.
>
>Marakalas

You're going to need a hardware test instrument. Some higher-end
multimeters and wiring testers have frequency counters. You can use a
standalone frequency/pulse counter. Otherwise, I'd use an
oscilloscope, with the caveat I know what the pulse train is supposed
to look like.

I am assuming here that you are talking about physical clock rate on
a DSU, not throughput rate.  That's a different problem.