RE: O/T more campus design issues [7:60136] posted 01/03/2003

For startup (win 9x) you must put wins in place. The Netbios node type is
covered in a prev thread.

You can do a include statement in the client lmhosts file that refers to a
lmhosts file at the DC for (example the netlogon share or on a random
server) for scaling issues.

Older Windows boxes make lousy browsing masters. They elect all the time,
startup/shut. Also the LANMAN processes are not that tuned for that role.

So putting NT on the segment (for file/print) trough multi-home or vlan tags
is recommended, sure when there are al lot of win 9x clients. Make that
WINS, and you are OK.

I've seen that work fine.

My 2 eurocents