Re: FXS to key-system connection [7:57522] posted 11/15/2002

Neil,
I assume you are considering connecting an FXS VIC port to a key system.
In that case you would connect to an FXO port on the key system. This
would qualify as a "trunk" circuit connecting the two telephone
switching devices. You are correct that this is not the best of possible
connections. Dialtone is intended to be used as a signal between a
machine, (a telephone switch) and a human listening to the telephone
handset. It does not do well from machine to machine. In the analog
world the best scenario for telephone trunk circuits is the E&M
interface. But, your key system nay not support that.
Good luck with the FXS/FXO trunking. (Pay close attention to any calls
that get refused, as it could indicate that digits are getting lost
between the two systems).
Bruce

--

  Bruce Enders                       Email: benders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Chesapeake NetCraftsmen            o:(410)-280-6927, c:(443)-994-0678