Re: How can PIX notify us when primary is down? [7:57342] posted 11/14/2002

Hi Sim,

You can configure PIX Firewall send the message to a syslog server when the
Active PIX in failover down, then the configure the syslog server to notify
admin via e-mail.

To make two PIX Firewall in Failover you need:
1. PIX IOS vers 5.0 or later to run Statefull Failover
2. Two PIX must be same IOS version and same hardware.
3. PIX 515, 525, 535.
4. Feature-based license key with Failover feature support.

You can take out the secondary PIX, but the failover do not work in your
network.

For details:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008008996b.html#xtocid3

Best Regards,