Voice jargon [7:49068] posted 07/17/2002

Hi all,

I'm currenty preparing for CIPTSS certification, and as I'm coming from
data background, I find myself swimming in a foreign pool and start getting
drowned with different voice codecs, standards, signalling etc. I should
say the learning curve is really steep.
Having said that, it's the voice-related-jargon which I can't make sense
out of it.

Hairpining?
Tromboning? (can't find satisfactory definition from CCO)
Is hairpining=tromboning?

Any help/pointers is appreciated.

Regards,
Blitz