Re: Please tell me it isnt so :( [7:47863] posted 07/02/2002

One thing I have not seen discussed yet is why you would have both in the
config.  Older routers like 2500s with REAL boot roms did not intially
support enable secret.  You thus had to have an enable password configured
so that if the router crashed to boot rom, it still had some protection.  If
all your equipment is newer, then the enable password is not needed.