From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Sean Wolfe
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 04:09
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: longest match vs. other metrics [7:41692]

Quick question, hope it's not too trivial:

When a router decides to forward a packet based on the longest match
principle, does this supersede other factors?

For example, if there is a route to network A via EIGRP, but a more specific
route available via OSPF, does it choose OSPF because of longest match, or
EIGRP because of lower administrative distance (90 vs. 110)?

Thanks folks, fun reading your posts as always. Wish me luck as I take BCSN
this week. -Sean.