2900 series switch password [7:41680] posted 04/17/2002

    I have the silliest question.  It should be simple, but it's not turning
out that way.  I have a Cisco ws-c2900 series switch with a sup. eng. on it.
It has a console port, 2 mdi ports and a reset button (no Mode button).  I
am merely trying to reset the password.  the company that owns the switch
lost their IT guy and need to reset the vlans.  I can get to enable mode by
cycling the switch and initially logging in within seconds of boot up.  but
cannot reset the password.  I can change the vlans, reset gateways, and
everything but reset the password.  any help would be appreciated here.