Re: Change the Bridge ID on a cat5k [7:41226] posted 04/11/2002

Okay, here is a link to instructions on how to get into Engineering Mode. I
am banging away at it
figuring out how to do it. If someone finds out first, please post your
findings :-)))

http://www.heinzulm.com/Cat1.htm
Manny Gonzalez ............................... CCIE# 9013
Sr. Network Analyst ..................... NY Presbyterian

Manny Gonzalez wrote:

> Tisk tisk!! Hehehee, you cheated Tim. hahahaha. See, I have eyes in here
too.

> Well, the quick answer is NOT POSSIBLE. The long answer is this:
>
> Cisco's Catalyst OS makes a pool of 1024 addresses available to the
switch. The switch will assign
> addresses to each VLAN, PORT, etc. sequentially until it is exhausted. THe
SC0 gets the last address