Re: Configure transparent bridging on Cisco router [7:40709] posted 04/08/2002

I believe you are right...  You are working on a ROUTER, therefore, it
prefers to ROUTE ROUTABLE traffic.  If you take the ROUTING option away,
then it will attempt other configured methods of forwarding traffic.

--Tim

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fibm_c/bcfpart1/bcftb.htm#xtocid30