RE: BGP question [7:40525] posted 04/04/2002

> Why is redistribution into an IGP a big no - no? My
> understanding is that this is what people usually do.

You'd have to be careful about advertising those routes back out to BGP
again.  There was a famous case of someone bringing down the Internet by
creating such a loop.  Needless to say, their ISP shouldn't have been
accepting advertisements for networks that the company didn't own.