From: S.McCarthy [mailto:cactus@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 1999 3:43 PM
To: cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Error on an MGS Router?

Dear All

I am trying to find out if the error message presented here below is
okay..error reads %TR-3-OPENFAIL: Unit 0, open failed: Lobe Test,
failed  ..... I have no Token Ring network to plug this into so is the
error normal?

John Mc

CSC3 (68020) processor with 4096K bytes of memory.
X.25 software.
Bridging software.
1 MCI controller (0 Ethernet, 4 Serial).
2 Token Ring/IEEE 802.5 interface.
4 Serial network interface.

Press RETURN to get started!

%SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from memory by console ()
%SYS-5-RESTART: System restarted
%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface TokenRing0, changed state to initializing
%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Serial0, changed state to administratively
down
%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Serial2, changed state to administratively
down
%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Serial3, changed state to administratively
down
%TR-3-OPENFAIL: Unit 0, open failed: Lobe Test, failed
%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface TokenRing0, changed state to down