Re: Network Topology posted 03/24/1999

Victor Alba <valba@xxxxxxxxx> on 03/24/99 10:06:31 AM

Please respond to Victor Alba <valba@xxxxxxxxx>

To:   cisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Mike Cotrone/AMERICAS/STH)
Subject:  Network Topology

This isn't exactly the type of questions I've seen posted to this list but
I think someone here might be able to give some helpful insight since
sooner or later we'll all face a similar situation. In your experience
what's best in terms of connectivity to the Internet. My boss wants me to
order 4 T1's (maybe 6)  to different providers to be 'completely' sure that
our NOC will 'always' be up & running. I've already got 2 T's right now,

---> Do you have these 2 T's going to different providers? That would be wise
off the
---> start.
really don't know how  'wise' it is to add another 4 or 6 lines from
'different' providers. Would it be better for us to get them from the same
2 upstreams we've already got?  Would it be better to get a Fractional T3?
I'm trying to think in all that is invoved in taking this decision (i.e.
running BGP, needing to get a  7500 series or better, and wasting half of
the bandwidth just getting full views from the different providers)

---> A couple of things I need to know .. 1. How much bandwidth do
---> you need to the internet?? 2. How much redundancy does your policy require
and/or how ---> is the uptime for your ISP's to the backbone? 3. The 2 t1 lines
you have now, are they ---> going to the same ISP?

---> Let me know

---> Mike Cotrone - CCNA
---> Equant Integration Services @ Mastercard International

I need some answers, ideas & convincing arguments that can allow me to
explain to him what is the best decision, can anyone help?

Thanks to all in advance!

To remove your name from the mailing list send a message to
Majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the body containing "UNSUBSCRIBE CISCO"

To Unsubscribe, search the archives, or read the posting guidelines and FAQ
go to