Token Ring problems! posted 03/05/1999

***WARNING-***
This is a newbie question!

Hello all,
I am very new to Token Ring. So I purchased some TR equipment to learn
on.
I have in my TR lab a 2502, 2513, 2 maus, media filters, and 3com
tokenlink cards.
The hubs are made by AMP(ACSYS). They have a ring in, a ring out, and 8
other connection ports..all RJ-45. I can connect a host to the mau and
ping myself. I've connected the media filter to the DB-9 port on the
router and plugged the other end into the ring in port on the mau.
When I do a debug events on the To0 interface I get this....
***********************
starting.
%TR-3-OPENFAIL: Unit 0, open failed: Lobe Test, failed
%TR-3-BADSTART: Unit 0, Start completion and wrong idb state - state= 0
TR0: reset from 3055912
TR0: txtmr: 0x0, msclk: 0x44694, qt: 0 (0ms)
***********************
And this repeats over and over.
I've tried to plug the lobe cable into one of the other ports on the mau
and get a much different debug output...
%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface TokenRing0, changed state to initializingring
mode =0
TR0: modified open w/ option 100
TR0: Interface is alive, phys. addr 0000.3090.8da0setting functional
address w/8000000
setting group address w/ 80000000 ring mode = 0

TR0: modified open w/ option 100

%TR-6-STATRING: TR0: Ring Status: Up <Only station>
%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface TokenRing0, changed
state to up
%TR-6-STATRING: TR0: Ring Status: Up <Signal Loss,Only station,Ring
Recovery>
%TR-6-STATRING: TR0: Ring Status: Up <Only station,Ring Recovery>
%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface TokenRing0, changed state to up
%TR-6-STATRING: TR0: Ring Status: Up <Signal Loss,Only station,Ring
Recovery>
%TR-6-STATRING: TR0: Ring Status: Up <Signal Loss,Hard Error,Ring
Beacon,Only station,Ring Recovery>
%TR-6-STATRING: TR0: Ring Status: Up <Only station,Ring Recovery>
%TR-6-STATRING: TR0: Ring Status: Up <Soft Error,Only station>
%TR-6-STATRING: TR0: Ring Status: Down <Wire Fault,Only station>
%TR-3-WIREFAULT: Unit 0, wire fault: check the lobe cable MAU
connection.
%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface TokenRing0, changed
state

On the router I've only configured the ring speed and ip address.
P.S. I searched the archives and found nothing on the subject.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Phil