RE: CCIE True Interview Story posted 11/25/2008

Interesting is in the eye of the beholder.  I actually do find it an
interesting read.  Having interviewed many CCIEs, I like to hear these type of
stories, just to make sure I'm not the only one in this boat.  Apparantly, I'm
not.   > Subject: RE: CCIE True Interview Story> Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008
10:58:59 -0500> From: bsl@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: nkionlab@xxxxxxxxxxx> CC:
ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > More spam.....who cares.> > Get over it and move
on.> > By the way, this is NOT an interesting read. > > - Brandon> >
-----Original Message-----> From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of> Nki> Sent: Tuesday, November 25,
2008 10:50 AM> Cc: nortic @hackermail.com; Huzefa; Cisco Godfather;>
ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: CCIE True Interview Story> > Not true Dinesh.
The whole idea of putting the post is not to embarass> anyone,> and I was very
considerate in the level and toughness of question I> asked. His> name is not
even Ali and I am not gloating over anyone.> B > I once read a famous quote
online when preparing for my CCIE, that at> one> timeB the people who had
passed did not know what IP was. I was one of> those> people, so I am not in a
position to gloat,B because I know where my> success> came from. Without God I
cannot do anything. Now I am not trying to get> into a> religious arguement,
just sharing my faith.> B > There are some people in this forum thinking right
now thatB these> questions> were unfair to a CCIE,B that theB candidate wasB
nervous, or did he> cheat to> pass his exam? Some thinking it is picking on
the negative side, that> the> interviewer did not like the candidate..etc> B >
This is an open forum, anyone can share opinions. It makes for an>
interesting> read.> B > B > Dear Nki,> > It seems clear that you where unable
to interview at CCIE level.> Obviously,> someone who has just passed CCIE
knows routing and switching. If you> interview someone try to understand that
they may be nervous and not> able to> express themselves under the stress. A
good interviewer would simply try> to> find the best in the person and focus
on what they know. Not delve on a> candidates negative side and then gloat on
the ccie forum where people> are> trying their best to pass. My guess you just
didn't like the guy and> where> subconsciously looking for a reason not to
employ him.> > > On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Marko Milivojevic>
<markom@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:> > > On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 13:00, nortic
@hackermail.com> > <nortic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > > funny how it is always
the CCIE's who dont speak english as a first> > language that are considered
as> > > utterly useless idjits. Quite frankly I dont care if i cant explain> >
simple network concepts so that the> > > techinical manager can understand it.
If i wanted to explain how> DCEF> > works to someone I would> > > become a
techinical instructor. Give me the equipment and i'll show> you> > how it
works.> >> > I must disagree on one thing. If someone is applying for a
consultancy> > job (i.e. any job that requires interaction with customers),
that> > someone should be able to fluently speak the language of the region.>
> So, if someone is applying for a job in US, he or she should be fluent> > in
English. If one is applying for an international position, not> > speaking
English is a show-stopper. Some environments tolerate local> > language
ignorance, as long as Business Esperanto (English) is spoken.> >> > I must
absolutely disagree with not knowing how to explain things in> > at least some
detail. What good is that you can punch a bunch of> > commands in terminal
when you can't explain what you are doing or what> > the root-cause of the
particular problem is?> >> > > Next pom or yank to apply in UAE will be
interviewed in arabic.> >> > Fair enough if one is expected to interact with
Arabic customers. If> > one is applying for a position in Dubai in order to
support EMEA,> > English would be more important than Arabic.> >> > --> >
Marko> > CCIE #18427 (SP)> > My network blog: http://cisco.markom.info/> >> >>