Re: CCIE in Data Centre Technologies ??? posted 11/03/2008

What is this all about? Are such things not covered in the new design track?

Gary
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc La Porte" <marc.a.laporte@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Tony Edwards" <tonyedwards.rs@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 8:47 AM
Subject: Re: CCIE in Data Centre Technologies ???

A great thought... I am up for it!

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Tony Edwards <tonyedwards.rs@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Hi GS,

I was wondering is any one know on the possibility of Cisco releasing their
CCIE LAB cert on DC Technologies ?

Besides UC (even I doubt how far Cisco can withstand MS's OCS onslaught
over
next 5 years or so) , I reckon over next few years , the DC Technologies
will have a big scope , not just on the Current Storage track, but the
whole
range of technologies covering DC R & S topics with SUPs + DWDMs + Server
blades & Virtualization+ WAN Optimization + Enterprise DC Internet/DMZ
Multihoming & SANs(storage) + IDS / NAM / 6606 blades on CAT6K ..etc.

With 10GE edge port capable Nexus boxes in the market already , it looks
like Cisco is now focusing heavily on all these DC Technologies.Perhaps ,
Cisco can Test all these above mentioned technologies in the CCIE DC
Written
test and in the DC LAB exam , since they can not test all , they can focus
on 3 or 4 Core technologies such as DC R & S + Storage + Server
Virtualization + some Security or Voice features.Personally though , if at
all Cisco releases this DC track , in my humble opinion , it can add lot
more value to the candidates & the Business community alike when compared
RS Track.

tony

Blogs and organic groups at http://www.ccie.net