CCIE in Data Centre Technologies ??? posted 11/03/2008

Hi GS,

I was wondering is any one know on the possibility of Cisco releasing their
CCIE LAB cert on DC Technologies ?

Besides UC (even I doubt how far Cisco can withstand MS's OCS onslaught over
next 5 years or so) , I reckon over next few years , the DC Technologies
will have a big scope , not just on the Current Storage track, but the whole
range of technologies covering DC R & S topics with SUPs + DWDMs + Server
blades & Virtualization+ WAN Optimization + Enterprise DC Internet/DMZ
Multihoming & SANs(storage) + IDS / NAM / 6606 blades on CAT6K ..etc.

With 10GE edge port capable Nexus boxes in the market already , it looks
like Cisco is now focusing heavily on all these DC Technologies.Perhaps ,
Cisco can Test all these above mentioned technologies in the CCIE DC Written
test and in the DC LAB exam , since they can not test all , they can focus
on 3 or 4 Core technologies such as DC R & S + Storage + Server
Virtualization + some Security or Voice features.Personally though , if at
all Cisco releases this DC track , in my humble opinion , it can add lot
more value to the candidates & the Business community alike when compared to
RS Track.

tony