CCIE in Data Centre Technologies ??? posted 11/03/2008
- Subject: CCIE in Data Centre Technologies ???
- From: "Tony Edwards" <tonyedwards.rs@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 19:41:29 +1100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=KbvC7xCztVrg8qRGN9Rl9/2nzVRmyohvJFfIOCPW/xI=; b=K6fBJUYv383fnNY/OwNffAAoqf1x95DdChGI1nFuVZXtcxYvvhr7E07A7LNRtKti4G esFLWZLo3tM/WWTGXMlSarIeelktsVoqXMLbj+k1sjUZmQvIQe1BkA2VegIj4pccckYh kH7MJ7G8NqdGtL8pKSbu7Q2DdV4pLg+IQ6FeY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=RTYVX94ARC0DkK8AHchmX2NC/rDACT9UZd9GqcFaOwuWDiXGV4i95IDRR2Up0pu2P+ 5QYNDUw4brTQWh1FXXv6Zwo+d7yZR95qivvu5JVNQomA4+B/OaayEbQv1ocZNp8ucXIZ PG5sUVIxDVhElCAx501n4/6P0f/yzlqOrW2gk=
I was wondering is any one know on the possibility of Cisco releasing their
CCIE LAB cert on DC Technologies ?
Besides UC (even I doubt how far Cisco can withstand MS's OCS onslaught over
next 5 years or so) , I reckon over next few years , the DC Technologies
will have a big scope , not just on the Current Storage track, but the whole
range of technologies covering DC R & S topics with SUPs + DWDMs + Server
blades & Virtualization+ WAN Optimization + Enterprise DC Internet/DMZ
Multihoming & SANs(storage) + IDS / NAM / 6606 blades on CAT6K ..etc.
With 10GE edge port capable Nexus boxes in the market already , it looks
like Cisco is now focusing heavily on all these DC Technologies.Perhaps ,
Cisco can Test all these above mentioned technologies in the CCIE DC Written
test and in the DC LAB exam , since they can not test all , they can focus
on 3 or 4 Core technologies such as DC R & S + Storage + Server
Virtualization + some Security or Voice features.Personally though , if at
all Cisco releases this DC track , in my humble opinion , it can add lot
more value to the candidates & the Business community alike when compared to