Re: The Martians are back posted 11/02/2008

Perhaps frustration? ;)

Sent from my iPhone

On 2 nov 2008, at 15:00, Scott Morris <smorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Where do you think all the old Appletalk and IPX and DECNet people went to?

Why do you think that IPv6 has so many options that appear very much like
those old protocols?

Evolution? Or reincarnation? Hehhehe...

Scott Morris, CCIE4 #4713, JNCIE-M #153, JNCIS-ER, CISSP, et al. CCSI/JNCI-M/JNCI-ER Senior CCIE Instructor

Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Study hard and be Eeeeviiiil......

-----Original Message-----
From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gary
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 8:56 AM
To: Cisco certification
Subject: The Martians are back

Im looking at IPv6 BGP today and have incurred a message talking about
'Martian next hop'. I thought the martians went away with AppleTalk. Can
anyone shed any light on that one?

Another issue is the glorious frame-relay map command requiring the insanely
long IPv6 address. Is there a rule of thumb to obtain that long address
IPv6 address is configured on the far end? I have tried a few show commands
but nothing helpful comes up. No BGP peering without frame-relay maps
between the neighbors obviously.

Blogs and organic groups at

Blogs and organic groups at